- 01 March 2017
- Last Updated: 01 March 2017
Notice of Regatta
“Heeling in the Heartland”
2017 CR914 Class Championship Regatta
Annual Class Association Meeting
1. Event: The Greater Tulsa Model Yacht Club will conduct the CR914 Class Championship Regatta on October 20th - 22nd 2017 at Carol Williams Pond (West side of Mingo North of 11th St) in Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
2. Rules: The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), except as any of these are changed by the sailing instructions, and by rules of the authority governing the waters on which the event is sailed. Sailing instructions will be available online at http://www.gtmyc.org
3. Eligibility & Entries: Eligible boats are remote control wind-powered CR914 Class sailing boats. Entry is $100. Includes drinks & Meals pondside and Saturday Dinner
Friday, October 20: - registration and practice sailing. 02:00pm to 05:00 pm.
Saturday, October 21: Registration opens at 9:00am, Skippers Meeting at 10:50am, First Start at 11:00am. No racing will start after 4 pm. Annual Meeting & Dinner 6:30PM.
Sunday, October 22: racing continues at 9:00am. No races will start after 2:50pm. Go Cart racing to follow!
5. Registration: Pre-registration will be available online. Visit http://www.gtmyc.com for details.
6. Notices to Competitors: Notices to competitors will be made orally prior to racing that day. Notices may also be emailed to participants or sent via text message using info supplied by the participant during registration.
7. Changes to the Rules: The sailing instructions may modify the rules.
8. Prizes: There will be some trophies and bragging rights are available.
9. Scoring: The regatta will be scored using the Low Point system of Appendix A, except as modified by the sailing instructions which may include HMS if the fleet is larger than 21 boats.
Spectators are welcome!
“Heeling in the Heartland” is a RC sailboat regatta, not to be confused with “Healing in the Heartland” a religious tent revival.